[thelist] JS and ASP working together - a problem

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 26 16:59:41 CDT 2003

I had kind of similar troubles with JS and PHP for an agenda system. In
fact it was because in one db variable I had sometimes a linefeed or
carriage return don't remember, and just because you're using JS to
print that out, when it meets the linefeed it goes to another JS line
and generate an error.
You didn't mention what exactly was the manifestation of the error, but
for sure you have a javascript message, in IE it's bottom left corner
and netscape you must type javascript: in the address line to get the JS
errors. Oh pardon me I've just read that you mention the error, then it
confirms my suspicion.

At first reading of your problem I thought the ; in your variables may
be an issue, because it terminates JS lines, but in fact I remember the
problem I had with my agenda, and that's more like your issue.

Cordialement,
  Damien COLA
    http://www.VarMalin.com