[thelist] Site Review Please - www.photokyo.com

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 26 23:54:18 CDT 2003

> http://65.57.227.131/index.asp
> If something is screwed, or you have some suggestions

Hi man!

Well my first initial reaction to the page was, "wow so many pictures, where
do I send my attention to first?" Seeing this page for the first time, it
took me a couple seconds to get my bearings and find the menu and block out
the images from my focus. Since this is obviously a photography site, having
pictures is key, but one suggestion I have is to to get rid of the 5 images
at the top (or decrease to one or 2) and move the menu up there, making it
more prominent and easier to distinguish from the rest of the design.

Second thing I saw, the 2 comments in the middle. What is the difference
between them? Obviously they come from different parts of your site, but
what if you were to aggregate them together and make a bigger, easier to
read comment section? You could note what section they come from with a
little text or graphic or whatever. And that way could cut out a
scrollbar... less scrolling = better :)

Otherwise, the design seems to be organized, the colors work well, and the
site appears to load fast and look good in IE6 and Firebird 0.6.

Good luck with the site and let us know how it turns out!

ted