[thelist] Website Navigation Examples

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Fri Jun 27 22:51:26 CDT 2003

Adam George wrote:

>Does anyone know of good examples of this sort of web navigation?
>(And incidentally what terminology best describes it):
>http://www.upstreamasia.com

"mystery meat navigation":
http://www.fixingyourwebsite.com/mysterymeat.

or 'a nightmare for search engines and people on alternate browsers
(phones, pda's, screen reader software etc etc etc)'

or 'why some graphic designers need to get out from behind thgeir
WYSIWYG's and leanr what the web is actually about'

my first instainct was to look at the top menu and think 'What does he
mean by "this sort of web navigation"? - It's just a menu". If you
hadn't said that there was something interesting about it, I never would
have found the other links hidden in the images, I would have gone on
thinking it was just an overcomplex pretty picture and gone away. As it
is, I went away anyway, as there wasn't much behind those hidden links.
Probably just as well

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com