[thelist] What's causing a psychological block?

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 28 06:16:37 CDT 2003

Obviously people are going to your page but are not reading to the end.
It's only at the end that you inform the reader that he can use the box
by going : 'top left of the page' which is not convenient for the
average reader (I have to admit it took me more than usual to be able to
work out where was this box, that is some seconds after reading the
indication)
You have room for improvement on this aprticular point, but my first
comment is valid :
hits on your page doesn't mean people are actually reading, and if
they're scanning the page, the indication that you can try the box is
INVISIBLE.

Besides, as someone pointed out, people like google and it's hard to
make them try whatever else.

Isn't the Kempelen Box concept already applied in several places like
yahoo experts ? http://experts.yahoo.com
It's good, but it's hard to convince - by the design - people to use YOU
instead of what they already know. And unfortunately you've got only the
design and some texts to speak for you, the visitor is on his own and if
he miss the whole idea, nobody's gonna tell him to come back and have a
second read.

Cheers,

Cordialement,
  Damien COLA