[thelist] JS and ASP working together - a problem

Tim Kuhn, Marla Adams timmarla1 at attbi.com
Sat Jun 28 23:12:05 CDT 2003

Sorry I missed the original post so my response may be way off. In my
experience if you get an  'Unterminated string constant' error it usually
means that a semicolon or quotation mark is missing or not "well formed" for
a lack of better words. Can you show us the code around the line # and the
line # the error is on?

Dunstan Orchard wrote:
>=20
> The JS error I get speaks of an 'Unterminated string constant'.
>=20
> P.S. can't show working examples since the dev site is PWD protected.

If you haven't fixed this yet, can you run the script that generates the
error, note the line # that the error occurs on, view source and show us
that line?  (and a few lines above and below).

Sounds like somewhere in your database is a character that HTML ignores,
but JS chokes on.