[thelist] Re: links for how to do useability testing?

Laura Carlson lcarlson at d.umn.edu
Mon Jun 30 09:41:06 CDT 2003

> I have a website/flash application that I am going to be doing some
> useability testing on.
>
> I think that is the right term. Basically, the purpose is to get some
> real world, demographically selected people to go through the website
> and see how they do it and what they do.
>
> However, I have never done this kind of testing before and what
> hoping to find some good articles, tutorials, howtos on the subject.

Hi Chris,

I have some evaluation and testing information and links listed at:
http://www.d.umn.edu/goto/testing

You might also be interested in the Web Design Update newsletter
<http://www.d.umn.edu/goto/webdevlist>. The Web Design Update is a
plain text email digest dedicated to disseminating news and information
about web design and development with emphasis on elements of user
experience, accessibility, web standards, CSS, events, evaluation and
testing, information architecture, color, navigation, usability and
more. The digest typically goes out once a week as an adjunct to the
Web Design Reference site, <http://www.d.umn.edu/goto/webdesign/> which
is a huge meta-reference (nearly 3,000 links) of information and
articles about web design and development.

Hope this helps,
Laura