[thelist] Logo Design (infringement) help requested

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Mon Jun 30 12:23:08 CDT 2003

Belinda, I'm a lay person and a few things immediately come screaming
out at me:

1)  This guy trying to intimidate you with the fact that they won a
similar case recently.  Yep, they won against a _hypnosis_ company.
This is all the difference in the world.

2) The Greek letter "delta", which, incidentally, Looks Just Like An
Equilateral Triangle, has been used as a symbol of change for... how
many centuries now????   This guy has NO claim over exclusive rights to
using a triangle as a symbol of change.  None. Zippo. Zilch.  If
anything, it's standard scientific notation for... you guessed it:
Change.  Besides both using triangles, the logos really aren't all that
similar.

3)  If you want to see what a copied website _really_ looks like, check
out
	http://www.pirated-sites.com/

I don't think this guy has a leg to stand on.

Steve

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 06:33  PM, Belinda Johnson wrote:

<Snip snip snippety-snip>

Letter from CEO: