[thelist] MySQL query with two left joins

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Mon Jun 30 15:11:47 CDT 2003

>>What I am trying to do is, for example, print a list of the
>>sub-categories of Category 2, which would include Category 2 a, Category
>>2 b, and Category 2 c. I don't want to include the children of the
>>children. This list should then include a count of the sub-categories and
>>documents contained in Category 2 a, Category 2 b, and Category 2 c,
>>respectively.
>
>Did you read this yet?
><http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1105>

I have never heard of Modified Preorder Tree Traversal before, but it
sounds very intriguing. I'm just not sure if I want to make such a drastic
change at this point in the project. This is certainly something I'd be
interested in trying at some point when I have some more free time to make
it work. For now, I'm still hoping someone will be able to suggest a way to
make my two left joins query work. Here's hoping!

Sarah