[thelist] Site Critique Please

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Jun 30 19:15:23 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie Griefer" <thelist at griefer.com>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 7:30 PM

> > Also, as a customer I am not giving a third party site my ebay ID and
> > password without some real assurances of its safekeeping.  As a company,
> > there are very large liability issues that will need to be addressed.  I
> > would treat the ebay information as valuable as credit card numbers.
>
> this was the first thing that hit me (well, the second...the first was
> probably the similarities to ebay and wondering how legal it was).

The first thing that hit me was the lack of background color.  :-)

I really like the idea, but I third (or fourth) the lack of confidence I
have when giving my usernames and passwords to another system.  I'd almost
feel better paying for the service than giving my info to a free service.

<tip type="HTML" author="Joshua Olson">
To help you remember to set a background color on your site, set your
browsers default background color to something completely unusual.
</tip>

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.