[thelist] chracter encoding

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Mon Jun 30 20:25:09 CDT 2003

I am developing a custom CMS solution for a local organisation which
would like multiple language support. The languages they would like are:
Korean, Japanese and Thai. I have told them that this is possible, but I
need to look into how it is done. The computers used for entering the
data have the required character sets installed, but my question is if I
am storing this data as plain text (MySQL db) are there any issues in
putting it into the db or displaying it from the db which would "break"
the encoding? Also, If I have navigation in English, and page content in
Thai, how do I display two character encodings in one page? Is this
feasible?

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com