[thelist] Why not drop-down javascript navigation?

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Tue Jul 1 04:31:15 CDT 2003

hi all

I have a not-tech-savvy client who wants some javascript drop-down menus
like what you see on janes.com. I am recommending against it because well
its javascript and it will most likely add weight to the page, which we
cannot really sustain due to the low bandwidth net connection of the server,
and it probably won't work well across all browsers as well as that it hides
navigation from users and key words from serach engines and last but not
least that it is too much information.

Can anyone suggest any articles or research I can use to back up this point
of view? thanks

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "Quality Zope Hosting"
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738