[thelist] free stock photography sites?

Rob Sylvan rsylvan at cdtmicrographics.com
Tue Jul 1 10:07:22 CDT 2003

ted serbinski wrote:
 > Hi all!
 >
 > I'm just wondering what free stock photography sites you use that
 > permit you to use their images in both commericial and
 > non-commericial settings on the web. So far http://www.sxc.hu/ seems
 > to be the best one, and it doesn't limit downloads either!
 >
 > Also, I've been searching for a few hours now, trying to find a great
 > free stock photography picture of a road perspective, sort of like
 > the one below: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=87757

<mini-rant>
While I'm certainly a big fan of "free," spending 50 cents certainly
doesn't seem like much of a hardship. You've already spent more than 50
cents worth of time trying to find something for free, when you already
have what you want right in front of you.
</mini-rant>

<tip type="free resource" author="rob sylvan">
If you want an excellent and free newsletter regarding all things
Internet/Technology then signup for Fred Langa's free Langalist. Mostly
Windows focused, but not exclusively. http://www.langa.com/
</tip>