[thelist] Finding the position of a relative DIV

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Tue Jul 1 11:29:53 CDT 2003

interesting. Yes stuff will collapse and re-flow, because by making the
image position: absolute you are removing it from the document flow.

You could switch the src of the image to a transparent gif, then create
the new element and absolutely position it above. But if the goal is to
actually remove the image from one place and put it into another place,
you might be stuck.

Sam