[thelist] free stock photography sites?

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 1 11:34:11 CDT 2003

> <mini-rant>
> While I'm certainly a big fan of "free," spending 50 cents certainly
> doesn't seem like much of a hardship. You've already spent more than 50
> cents worth of time trying to find something for free, when you already
> have what you want right in front of you.
> </mini-rant>

Well I never said spending 50 cents was a bad thing, I was just saying it
wasn't as convenient as the ones that didn't charge, but I do understand why
they charge, because of bandwith and such.

However, with http://www.istockphoto.com/, one way of getting around paying
to download the images is to upload your own. Contributing to a great
community of free stock photography is a great opportunity and I like their
idea of giving free download credits to those who contribute, helps to build
the collection.

ted