[thelist] Periods stripped in CDONTS email.

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Tue Jul 1 15:28:31 CDT 2003

Adam Slesinger bespaketh on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 4:18 PM:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am sending an html e-Newsletter by putting the html in a
> few variables and then sending using ASP/CDONTS.  I've sent 4
> newsletters the last few months and every time, some of the
> images are broken because when the email is sent, the period
> between the name and extension is missing!  Each email has
> different files that are broken and images that worked fine
> in one newsletter may not in the next.  For example,
> "spacer.gif" becomes "spacergif".  Its just plain wierd.  The
> only thing I can count on is that the periods are missing in
> the same spot for a particular newsletter. (each time it is
> sent out, the same images get stripped) So I get around it by
> putting in a double period, and when the original gets
> stripped, the second is there to make the image work.  Crappy
> work around. I can't find a pattern to the stripping of
> periods.  Anybody run into this?  Any clue?  I can supply
> code used to send, the variable html sent if needed.
>
> Thanks mucho,
> adam
>
> Adam 'bread_man' Slesinger

Adam,
  The first thing that pops into mind is that you may want to go ahead and switch over to CDOSYS:
http://www.madasp.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=160&PN=1
The CDONTS library was initially distributed around a decade ago and CDOSYS is a patent improvement.
hth,
Stephen
http://www.mechavox.com