[thelist] HomeSite

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Jul 1 17:44:51 CDT 2003

Charlie Griefer <thelist at griefer.com> wrote:

> I'm currently looking at holding some training classes at work to
> teach some of our other developers web development (and specifically
> CF).  Having to buy IDEs for each of the trainees (some of whom
> probably won't even be doing web work after the class) could be a
> fairly significant expense.
>
> I've been looking at UltraEdit, which seems very, very nice.  Just as
> nice as CF Studio was.  Only thing it's missing is (obviously) the CF
> help files (it's nice to right click on a tag when you forget the
> attributes) :)
>
> But for $30-something vs $399 for DWMX to get HS+... the tag insight
> doesn't seem all that important anymore :)

for your situation, i'd take a long hard look at PHPEdit:
http://www.phpedit.net

open source and extremely Homesite-like!  and something the students
could take home with them...

i know, Jeff, i know... still no RDS, but then, one doesn't need RDS
unless one is developing on Coldfu$ion or II$ servers, right? :-)

-dave