[thelist] Win2K box burnout

Gareth Squire gareth at astoundingfish.net
Wed Jul 2 06:01:56 CDT 2003

Lonnie,

I had a similar problem about 6 months ago with a motherboard failure on
Win2000. I tried all the suggestions on the MS knowledge base about that
error code but simply couldn't get the hard disk to be recognised with the
new motherboard. If I remember correctly there are quite a few threads on
Win2000 sites about this specific problem - sorry can't provide any links as
my memory is poor :(. I eventually had to boot to DOS with a Win98 boot disk
and reformat the hard drive. Hopefully you might be able to do Ken's
suggestion and use your hard drive as a slave and copy over the settings
files you need.

hope it works out,

Griff