[thelist] CF: CFPOP not reading all MIME parts?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Jul 2 08:56:32 CDT 2003

Part of the list handler I'm writing involves handling bounces. I've taken
a page from the Evolt book and added custom headers, since it's not
uncommon for a bounce to not send the "To" back". It's far more common for
them to send the headers back, though.

Cold Fusion isn't doing the trick.  I can only guess that it's reading only
the first part or section of the body as defined by the MIME parts. I could
be wrong. How Can I get CF to return the entirety of the message? I've
sweated over this for three days. What am I missing? Outlook Express also
returns the same. This particular piece is on CFMX.

Below are the differences in body content. The first is what CF reads from
#get_mail.body# the second is what Eudora show.

*Note that I've searched and replaced the actual user names and domains
because the list archives on the web.

  [1] As received by cfpop (and Outlook Express)
The attached message has failed delivery and has been referred
to you as postmaster. The following error report or reports
were given to explain the problem:

    *** myrecipient at hotmail.net
    Permanent error 11001 (non-existent host or domain) resolving
'hotmail.net'.

As tu reçu ce message?

--
Frank Marion <frank at mydomain.com>      Tel: 416 825 7488