[thelist] PHP exec()

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Jul 2 09:55:39 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 06:59:42AM -0500, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> <?PHP
> $base = "/home/emmajane/pictures";
> $jhead = "/bin/ls '$base'";
> $exif = exec($jhead . "&> error ", $output, $status);
> print $exif;
> // nothing prints
> // $output is an empty array
> // $status is "1"
> ?>
> [/snip]
>
> You could use opendir() and readdir() here is an example form PHP.net

It's not actually my intention to use "ls" as the program. I'm just trying
to get *something* to work at this point so that I can trouble shoot why
I'm getting no output. My actual intention is to use jhead, or perhaps
exif to get information from images taken with a digital camera. My
client's server is running an older version of PHP that does not support
the read_exif_data() function.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin