[thelist] CF: CFPOP not reading all MIME parts? Restatement.

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Jul 2 10:52:36 CDT 2003

I wanted to restate, clarify and append to my previous post.

In order to get the original recipient of a bounced email, I add a custom
header to the email, thus when the email bounces, typically the headers are
sent back, and I can parse though them.

Getting the #body# variable from the cfpop call returns everything within
the "Content-type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII" part (see below), but not
the rest. How can I get the whole thing returned in my body variable?
(Note, I don't have control over foreign servers, so adjusting my own
server's behaviour isn't an option).

Any advice much appreciated.

This message is in MIME format. If you are seeing this text,
then your mailer does not understand this format properly.

--24112.459811

The attached message has failed delivery and has been referred
to you as postmaster. The following error report or reports
were given to explain the problem:

    *** fakeaddress at hotmail.net
    Permanent error 11001 (non-existent host or domain) resolving
'hotmail.net'.

--24112.459811

[original headers are here.]

As tu re=E7u ce message?