[thelist] ASP: DIM var AS ??

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jul 2 16:35:02 CDT 2003

Casey Crookston <mailto:casey at thecrookstons.com> wrote:

> About the only thing I can figure is that cat is being defined as a
> string and cat_id as a number (or vise versa).  So I need to know how
> to specifiy that both are integers.

You don't necessarily need to define them differently (I don't even know if that's possible...), what you can do instead is just convert temporarily the variable that you believe is a string during the IF.

Check out this link to find your new best friend: (watch for wrap)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/vtorifunctions.asp

The function you are looking for is called CInt().

Chris.