[thelist] Exchange 2k unable to relay

Daan Heemskerk Daan_Heemskerk at hetnet.nl
Wed Jul 2 17:20:15 CDT 2003

Chris,

I'm new to thelist and try to be helpfull. I don't know wheter this makes
sens but ....

The user wich is running the COM object should be able to send e-mails. That
would be my first try. You should block all users exept the one's with some
e-mail account to make sure nobody is sending spam over your server. Good
job against spam. There should be some account running your IIS server.

That would be the NT 6.0. Solution.

I don't believe that W2K can or should be able to make a diverence between a
user running a program or a user running a COM object. Would be to durty
.... O.K. .... Microsoft has some durty programmers ... but .... to test it;
Make a mail account for your IIS user.

Hope it helps out,

Daan

P.s. I read some other message by now, telling you the same thing. Is the
same thing. You need the user restrictions and need to fix them. Can't see
right now if it should be a user or could be some addres: its there on that
page, somewhere.