[thelist] complete: hacking contest

Gary McPherson genyus at ingenyus.net
Wed Jul 2 23:22:56 CDT 2003

> Did you notice that my Outlook doesn't format it's replies in
> the regular Craplook fashion? Well that's because I am a Good
> Netizen and found a great utility (Outlook Quotefix) that
> formats plain text quotes in the standard bottom posting way.
<snip>
> Lastly, if you ever find a link or know of a utility that I
> can install that will automatically break each line I'd be glad to
> oblige.

Great pointer about the Quotefix program! I downloaded, installed - runs
just as I want, having to reformat was getting to be a major pain in the
a**. But oddly enough, it has a also has a line wrap option! I checked
it from my Webmail and seems to work fine, I'm sure I'll be corrected if
it didn't.

Question: How do you get the sender to show in the header? Mine just
displays "thelist at ..." instead of the original sender's name and email.

And Emma, thank you for the link on obtaining thread view in Outlook -
in two easy steps, my mailing-list experience has been completely
transformed!

<tip type="Email formatting" author="Gary McPherson">
Outlook's reply formatting getting on top of you? Download
Outlook-Quotefix from
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/ - great utility
that makes Outlook more mailing-list friendly.
</tip>