[thelist] [long] PHP and Apache, each in a box. Possible?

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu Jul 3 09:18:54 CDT 2003

If the goal is to distribute some of the load, I've seen a lot of people
on the mod_perl list discussing a setup where you have a plain apache
box that proxies requests and responses to one or more mod_perl (or in
your case php) configured behind it. This is accomplished with the
ProxyPass directives and allows for a optimization of the individual boxes.
That's about all I know about it, but maybe a direction for you? This
way requests for static urls like images or plain html pages (or cached
content) don't hit the php box.

Sam