[thelist] Smart Tags

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Thu Jul 3 13:37:58 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:54:44AM -0600, Alicia Rohlfing wrote:
> Is there new code available to get rid of Smart Tags?  I have tried using
> I can't find anything on the Web that does work.

There are no Smart Tags, at least not in IE outside of a couple of beta versions.

What you are seeing is probably malware such as Gator (I have no idea if I got the
spelling right there - I don't use Windows so don't pay too much attention to stuff
that Windows users tend to install by accident). It has a similar effect to the
proposed Smart Tags from Microsoft. The solution is to install something like Adaware
and clean the software from the infected machine.

--
David Dorward