[thelist] lookin for ISP with cron support

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Thu Jul 3 15:15:24 CDT 2003

On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 03:39 PM, pabramow at web.ca wrote:

> We are looking for an ISP which has cron support, PHP, Pearl and MySQL.
> Does any one have any recomendations, our preference would be to have
> them
> based in Canada.

I've found that there are few ISPs that offer cron support. There are
many ways around this, like setting up cron on your local machine to
run the job remotely -- this is what I do with my Drupal account and my
local OS X machine.

An excellent hosting company based in Montreal is XLInternet
(http://www.xlinternet.com). 500MB space, MySQL, PHP, Perl -- even
Tomcat. Depending on reseller plan, as low as $150CDN annually. They
also have a sister company in Singapore if anyone needs Asia-based
hosting.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com