[thelist] (IIS) validating intranet pages

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Thu Jul 3 18:20:42 CDT 2003

> I'm trying to validate our intranet pages as I overhaul them and as
> you can imagine scraping the processed HTML and uploading it can be a
> pain. I've googled it and there seem to be solutions that are
> applicable to *nix, but I haven't seen anything for M$... can someone
> suggest something?

It's semi-manual (you have to kick it off for each page), but:

1) Mozilla browser: http://www.mozilla.org/. If you're not using this
   for development purposes, you're missing out on a lot of stuff, not
   least...
2) Checky plug-in: http://checky.mozdev.org/.
3) Set up checky to know that pages that start with
   'http://ourintranetserver/' are intranet-based (do this from
   preferences)
4) Go to your intranet page
5) Right-Click -> Checky -> HTML/XML -> W3C Markup
6) Enjoy!

If Checky works out that it's an Intranet page, it will upload it to
the W3C validator as a file upload rather than a URL submit.

Hope this helps,

Paul