[thelist] Merchant service for online bookseller?

Chris George codemonkey00 at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 00:42:30 CDT 2003

On Saturday, July 5, 2003, at 05:44  PM, unruly mongrel wrote:

> I've heard quite a few people say they don't like Paypal.

I may as well throw my hat into the "pro PayPal" ring. FWIW, I've been
using them for over 6 months now processing both eBay payments and my
small Web Design/Host Reseller sideline. Other than their fees (which
of course make a small dent compared to a merchant account), I've had
no gripes about their service ('cause I know tanstaafl, but I can gripe
like the best of 'em!).  They have fairly extensive pdf's on how to
integrate into their merchant system, and are dilligent in asking for
updated record info, etc. No need for support yet, but that's both a
good and a bad thing. :-)

Anyway, my .02.

Chris.