[thelist] URL Parameters with... parameters.

Adam Slesinger badlanners at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:43:50 CDT 2003

Hey folks,

I have a simple question that's been bugging me.  I have a redirect page used for tracking exit pages.  All links pointing to outside websites are sent to a page where the info is recorded and then they are redirected.  Problem is when the outside links have more than one parameter.

/redirect.asp?page=www.website.com?param1=value&param2=value

So, the page parameter is for my page.  param1 and param2 are part of the URL I want to record and redirect.  Problem is that my ASP page thinks that param2 is a parameter for my page, and not part of the URL.  I suppose param1 is not treated as part of the URL because it is not preceeded by an ampersand.

Any ideas on how to make param2 (and any more parameters that may follow) to be ignored?

Thanks!
adam

bread_man