[thelist] ASP: Cookie - expire

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Tue Jul 8 17:44:59 CDT 2003

Anthony wrote:
> (This next statement might catch me some flack)
>
> But if you are using IIS 5, I find it easier to stuff dictionary objects
> into your session object:

Yeah, you're right. I will catch you some flack. :)

Remember, the dictionary object uses the apartment threading model,
which means that by sticking one in your session you are 'tying' all
future requests from this user into being processed by the same
thread that owns the object, which can do nasty things to your
performance.

May not worry you, but it's worth bearing in mind at least!

Paul