[thelist] Suggestions

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Wed Jul 9 14:10:39 CDT 2003

Message from Ian Cannonier (7/9/2003 04:41 PM)
>I'm currently building a new site for myself and I've ran out of ideas
>put on it.
>Please have a look / play and let me know your thoughts
>
>http://www.cannonier.co.uk

Ian,

I think you need to spend more time fleshing out the content relating to
what the company is and what they can do, and less time offering news and
seemingly gratuitous message boards and download listings.

These things say nothing about *your* company. If I wanted downloads I'd go
to download.com. News is at news.google.com

If I arrive at your site wanting hardware upgrades or website development,
that's what I want to know about.

Putting 'add to favourites' and 'set as homepage' links in your navigation
bar, on equal footing with 'about us' and 'consultancy' suggests you don't
have much else of value to add.

The copy on your 'about us' -> 'who we are' page is particularly weak.
Disjointed sentences, poor wording, etc.

Also everything other posters said about the usability (or lack thereof) of
the navigation system.

regards.
-marc

--
Carnival 2003 in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/