[thelist] what are your opinions on using frames?

Iva Koberg iva at livestoryboard.com
Thu Jul 10 13:34:46 CDT 2003

>> > I find some places where frames are especially valuable
>>
>> Like what?

Exactly! The only thing I've heard is "So that users can have all
navigation elems available all the time..." To which I'd say "Why?". I
am not saying there's absolutely no value in that, but if you have a
well architected nav structure, if the site is not too deep, then how is
this helpful?

but Jeff is right - for applications - absolutely. I should have made it
clearer I was asking with regards to a simple website (Our own CMS uses
frames and they have been quite indispensable in achieving a
desktop-like interface
http://www.livestoryboard.com/Products/Screen_shots.html)

best,
Iva