[thelist] image thumbnails: dynamic resizing or something else

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 11 15:16:01 CDT 2003

> can you guys suggest something else? maybe something
> like creating a thumbnail on the backend and storing
> it as a separate file? i am using Java, btw.

Hey James, recently I wrote a servlet that can manipulate images on the fly,
including resizing them. I used the ImageJ api <http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/>
to do the image manipulations, which is fairly straight forward after
copying the jar file into your path.

I highly recommend using this API, as it was the best one and easiest one I
found to perform simple image manipulations, along with having superb
support.

If you want a copy of the servlet (or anyone else) just let me know and I'll
be glad to forward you a copy.

ted