[thelist] Re: CSS Article... I can't find it!

Adrian Rinehart-Balfe boog at boogenstein.com
Sun Jul 13 10:21:57 CDT 2003

As I read through the digest version of thelist I was beginning to think
that there was nobody with any imagination or understanding left! Thanks
to Chris and Lonnie for proving me wrong. Many people see something a
little different and immediately close their eyes. I doubt that many of
them even read the text on that page.
<http://www.chunkysoup.net/opinion/boringcss/> . CSS allows us to break
out of the tabled boxes so why is it that so many can't wait to tie
themselves down with conventional designs. If you don't want to take
advantage of all the opportunities now available you should all go back
to your comfortable table tags. Chris Casciano has broken out of that
restrictive box and all you can do is complain that his link colors are
making you use your own memory! He strikes me as just the type of
innovative designer the web could do with more of. We shouldn't be tied
down to all these rules, the web can be more than an endless repetition
of sites looking like the default Movable Type template!
Get out, live a little and please loosen those ties!
Adrian