[thelist] footer not positioning correctly in NN6.2browser-SOLUTION

Gary McPherson genyus at ingenyus.net
Sun Jul 13 21:21:40 CDT 2003

> On 7/12 Alexander Garcia wrote:
>>   Well, in Opera 7.1 it shifts to the right. Haven't taken a look at
>> your css rules though, still thought you might want to know.
>
> Found the solution by including margin-left: 100px and
> changing text-align: center to text-align: left. This makes both
> IE5.5 and N6.2 happy.
>
> div#bot { font-weight: 500; color: #009; font-size: .8em;
> text-align: left; padding: 0px; margin-left: 100px;}
>
> Alexander (or anyone else who wouldn't mind), would you be so
> kind as to check your Opera 7 again to see if Opera is also
> happy with this as well? Also, am curious about N7.x.
>
> http://www.24caratdesign.com/ED/index.html

I'm not sure if you're referring to the dreaded "attack of the white
box", but I'm getting that on the right-hand side of the footer in both
NS7 and IE6. From what I can see in your source and stylesheet, this is
due to the background-color of the "bottom" class assigned to the second
table cell, which overlaps your right-hand border. Set it to
"transparent" and that should solve the problem.

HTH,

Gary