[thelist] Strategy for getting visitors to a Web site

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Mon Jul 14 16:11:54 CDT 2003

hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Small" <peter at genps.demon.co.uk>
> http://www.stigmergicsystems.com/stig_v1/strategy.html

Way over my head, and I regard myself as being interested in new
technologies and willing to invest time to learn, but I only made it half
way down that page and I'd nodded off.
Yes, I have missed some sleep lately, but the article does nothing to entice
me to read on.
It seems far to verbose - after reading half of it I had the feeling the
rate of information to text-quantity was not high enough.

I also think the whole theory is built on pretty shaky foundations, with
quotes like this:

"In case you are thinking this is about fanciful theory and buzz words, stop
to think for a moment how you came to be a visitor to this site and are now
reading this article. You didn't get here through a fanciful theory or buzz
words, you got here either directly or indirectly as a result of this
strategy being applied - you must have done, because this is the only
strategy being used to attract visitors to this site."

I got there because you asked me to have a look - I can't imagine that that
is the strategy being applied.

It also seems like you have an anwser, and are trying to explain what the
question was.

I guess grumpy feedback is better than no feedback :o)

Richard.