[thelist] ASP & HTML: Pass double data from a Select

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Jul 15 13:25:59 CDT 2003

At 11:06 AM 7/15/2003, Casey Crookston wrote:

>In an ASP app, I've got an HTML select object within a form:
>
><select name='fruit'>
>      <option value='1'>apples</option>
>      <option value='2'>peaches</option>
></select>

Here's what I do:

I write a small function to get the name of the Option via the ID.

e.g. (psuedo code)

function GetFruitNameByID (varID)
    select Name from FruitBasket where ID = varID
    GetFruitNameByID = objRS("Name")
end function

Then just use the Function on your preview page to return the name selected.

<%=GetFruitNameByID(Request.Form("fruit"))%>

--
Anthony Baratta
President