[thelist] Alternate language presentation

Baudouin Van Humbeeck evolt at somebaudy.com
Tue Jul 15 14:43:52 CDT 2003

Bonjour Janet,

On mardi 15 juillet 2003 à 21:22:59, you wrote :

JG> Does anyone have any favorite websites that present their information in more than one language? We keep adding translations to the first layer of our site, and I have no plan in place for
JG> handling the additional navigation. I need to seriously re-work our presentation of these other languages, and am looking for ideas. Any links would be greatly appreciated!
JG> Janet

I suggest you surf to a lot of sites in the .be TLD

In Bilingual belgium, 99% of the splash pages are "choose your
language" pages. Once you choose FR (french) or NL (dutch), the
navigation lay-out is extremely classic.

Here is one of the many ways to do it:

http://www.renault.be/

B.

 Baudouin                         mailto:evolt at somebaudy.com
http://www.somebaudy.com
Everybody needs Somebaudy : freelance web-related copywriting made in Belgium