[thelist] Alternate language presentation

Janet Green JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com
Wed Jul 16 09:24:59 CDT 2003

Geoff, apparently there's more than one way to skin a cat. These are from dictionary.com:

"Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Alternate:
n. (-nt)
A person acting in the place of another; a substitute.
An alternative. "

-- or --

"Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
alternate

\Al*ter"nate\ (?; 277), n.
1. That which alternates with something else; vicissitude. [R.]
2. A substitute; one designated to take the place of another, if necessary, in performing some duty."

If you have any links to help me present other languages on my website, I'd love to see them.

J.