[thelist] stuck using cf4.5? upgrade to cfmx

Steve Lewis nepolon at worlddomination.net
Wed Jul 16 15:36:32 CDT 2003

M.G. Noriega wrote:

>El mié, 16-07-2003 a las 20:46, Jeff Howden escribió:
>

>>php, mysql, and linux are all free, if you place no value on your time.
>>
>iving in the times of apt-get, emerge,rpm and mandrake-like
>installations wizards you can't be talking about the time for setting up
>a development box. So i assume you are talking about speed of
>deployment. Care to ellaborate?

While I commend the Linux community and their allies for these
advancements, please consider the time investment of learning how to
find and use apt-get, emerge, rpm, and the mandrake-like installations
wizards.  Consider the time investment of learning the *nix directory
hierarchy.  Consider the time investment of learning the quirks and
peculiarities of php and mysql and of researching and selecting IDEs and
helper applications.  All of this comes at a price, and if all of the
above are new to you, be prepared for sticker shock when you look at the
calendar.

Steve