[thelist] Tasman port to Windows?

Ned Baldessin ned-ml at idsland.com
Thu Jul 17 07:44:34 CDT 2003

> A persistent rumour says the Tasman code engine that drives IE Mac will be
> ported to Windows.

I don't know about Tasman, but I noticed that KHTML is being ported to
Windows :
<http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/khtml-win32/>

That's very interesting in regard to your recent Browser Wars II
article. I noticed that you put KHTML aside in your search of The
Alternative :

    "Safari cannot be the Viable Alternative because it's not a Windows
    browser. Then who shall we cast for the role? The Legitimate Exile
    or the Sympathetic Outsider? "

Can a port of KHTML make a better (faster and simpler) browser than
Firebird ? I have no idea.

And now, something completly different. A Google branded browser, hooked
up with services and APIs : <
http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2003/07/17/theGoogleBrowser>