[thelist] php: session help

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Jul 18 14:44:43 CDT 2003

Hi.

I have a question about sessions in PHP that I haven't been able to
answer yet with google or php.net.

Is it possible to restart a session and create a new session id without
waiting for the session to time out or have all browser windows closed?
i.e. when a person goes to my logout page i want their session to be
stopped and if turn around and log back in they should have a new
session.

Basically it's the same thing as "Are you Chris Parker? If not _click
here_ to login." For that to work you would need to stop/start the
session to yield a new session id. But I can't figure out how to do that
yet.

I've tried session_destroy() and session_unset() but neither have
worked.

Thanks,
Chris.
--