[thelist] Chat/IM Applications

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 11:51:03 CDT 2003

Hey...

A quick question.... Does anyone know of good open source applications for
IM/Chat. We're doing some quick research and wanted to get some
good/quick/simple feedback on what people may have implemented, and the
good/bad that you've seen.

Your experiences as either ADmin/User would also be helpful....

We're looking for something similar to what Yahoo provides, but it doesn't
need to scale that much!! We know Jabber provides the IM functionality.. but
we're not sure if it has the Chat, nor are we sure there's not something
that's better.. And again, we're also looking for ease of use....

We'd also like to be able to embed the Chat function into a web page... The
IM can be a stand alone client app...

Thanks

Bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net