[thelist] Introduction, site feedback and some other stuff

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Mon Jul 21 04:10:16 CDT 2003

Thanks everybody for the feedback on the sites. Really appreciate your
comments and observations.

Getting the message.uk.com site on Zeldman.com was really good. He
featured the skillswap.org site a while back as well but really seemed
to like the new message site.

I knew about Opera messing up the subscribe form. For some reason it
insists on  giving the fieldset tag a border (despite what the CSS
says) and unfortunately doesn't wrap the submit buttons.

A few people have said that Opera 7 just totally breaks the site. i've
not seen this (as I've got opera 7.1) but I think it may be an Opera
bug as opposed to a problem with the site. Still if you can send me a
screenshot so I can see what's going on that would be great. Also if
anybody has any ideas how I can fix it in Opera 7.0, please let me know.

Thanks everybody who liked my photography site. I've been getting loads
of good feedback about the photography, which is great. Unfortunately
the bandwidth will probably cripple me this month as it's been linked
to from netdiver, linkdup and k10k.

I've had a few people mention the size/contrast of the text on the
photo site. If it was a commercial site I would definitely think about
changing the text. However I really like the pixel fonts and colours so
will probably keep them as they are. The "splash" screen is a little
dinkey so will beef it up a little when I can.

Cheers

Andy