[thelist] Automatically generating a SWF

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Mon Jul 21 17:47:12 CDT 2003

On Monday, Jul 21, 2003, at 07:11 US/Pacific, Tim Burgan wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction where I can find
> information about generating SWF (Macromedia Flash) file's directly
> from an
> ASP/HTML page, and how to manipulate that file. I hope that makes
> sense.

there's a library for doing SWF things (http://ming.sourceforge.net/)
that can be called from php/perl/python.  perhaps there's something
similar specifically designed for ASP (maybe one of those listed on
http://www.flashmagazine.com/html/581.htm), but using Ming you could
always pass off the data to a perl script and make it
work...theoretically

-jd

    J.D. Welch			|  so.there at showtunepink.com
    graphic designer    	|  http://www.showtunepink.com