[thelist] Problem floating form/fieldset in Opera

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Wed Jul 23 07:51:47 CDT 2003

RUST Randal wrote:

> Floated elements must have the width value set. Did you do this?

Good point. Unless I set a width for the div, it takes up the available
space which explains why it won't float in IE, so i'm guessing that in
this case IE is getting it *right* and the other browser are getting it
wrong.

I'm guessing that the reason most browser will let me float the
fieldset element is that they are treating it almost like an inline
element in the sense that it is only the width of it's contents,
whereas Opera is not.

I've set the width of the div and now the div floats to the right.
However I actually want the contents of the div to float/align right,
not the div itself. To achieve this I've also floated the fieldset
right. However I'm coming up against the same problem. Opera will float
the div right but not the fieldset.

any ideas?