[thelist] CF: Error initialising Java?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Jul 23 15:07:18 CDT 2003

I'm having a hard time getting my Java based CFX tags to start up. I've got
them placed in several locations, one of them being
"/opt/coldfusion/Java/classes". I'm quite sure that the CFX tags are
correctly defined in the CFX section. Using CF 4.5.1sp2/Linux

I know the tags work under windows, and being java, I assume that they
should be platform independent, and further, the authors claim that this is
so as well.

I do know that there were initially some problems setting up java to work,
we had to clean up the  startup line.

Can anyone see what my problem might be? Thanks.

---
The JVM library could not be found. Please check if the file specified in
the ColdFusion Administrator actually exists
---

Java Settings

Load JVM when starting ColdFusion
         off

Java Virtual Machine Path
         "/usr/java/j2re1.4.2/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so"

Class Path
         "/opt/coldfusion/Java/classes"

Initial Heap Size K
         "4096"

Max Heap Size K
         "65536"

System Options
         java.lang.Compiler=NONE

Implementation Options
         "-XX:+AllowUserSignalHandlers"

CFX Jar Path
         "/opt/coldfusion/Java/classes"

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.
If with Yoda so strong is the force , why correct grammar can he not use?