[thelist] in-principle, PHP/mySQL shopping basket question

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jul 23 17:16:49 CDT 2003

Aaron Johnson <mailto:lists at cephas.net>
    on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 2:05 PM said:

>> But Java isn't an interpreted language is it? What I mean by that is,
>> isn't it a bit more powerful than a regular scripting language such
>> as PHP or ASP? Can't it just sit around in the background and wait
>> for something to happen?
>  -- I won't touch your question about php/asp vs Java

I just want to respond to this before some sort of php/asp vs Java
thread gets started.

It wasn't really a question about "which is better" per se. I just don't
know anything about java/jsp so I was thinking of as being a language
almost on par with something like C/C++. Those languages are more
"powerful" than PHP just like /I thought/ Java/JSP was.

Thanks for the info though.

chris.
--

3:16pm pst