[thelist] Javascript and mozilla conundrum

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Thu Jul 24 04:22:07 CDT 2003

Karl Bunyan wrote:
> You need an id as well as a name attribute on the image tag. I think
> document.images is deprecated so you should probably support
> document.getElementById as well.

thanks guys
tip owed -->

<tip type="Software" author="chris joseph">
Recently we found that an hour+ long flash presentation resulted in some
quite huge flash projector files (no surprise there!). On CD and via the
web this resulted in problems sycronising sound and images because of
streaming rates (in test, in the studio the sync was fine). The solution
was to split the files up and use LoadMovieNum() at alernating levels.
An alternative might have been to use
http://www.flashjester.com/?section=tricks_jugglor which could have been
used on the CD version to copy the swfs into a temp directory on the
client machine before running it.
</tip>

--
Christopher Joseph