[thelist] Hiveware email address encoder

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 14:40:47 CDT 2003

--- Aredridel <aredridel at nbtsc.org> wrote:

> > using spam filters is bolting the barn door after the horse has
> fled
> > nice solution, wrong problem
> > the real solution is not to condone email harvesting

I've seen this comment a few times now. How do you suggest I as an
individual "not condone email harvesting"? Okay, I don't condone it.
Wait, my mailbox is still filling up.

Wait, I filter it out. There, that's better! Without the spam filters
I have with my account, I'd spend a lot more time each day slogging
through spam. They aren't perfect, but they do sure help a lot.

The spam issue as a whole is bigger than a person with an email
account. Each individual still has to deal with it on a daily basis,
and filters and some new emerging technologies are a way to do that
while the whole spam issue gets sorted out - which we all know is
going to take forever and a day.

Cheers

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward